Search This Blog

Thursday 18 April 2024

Poultry Class

 Braaaack! Squaak!

Past proof of poetic perfection

Hahahaha.

I'm taking an online poetry class from the Sarah Lawrence writing lab. Yes, yes, yes. I'm already a published poet. I fuckin' know that. But I've lost my mojo and am trying to get it back. A couple of recent tries went absolutely wrong and then last Monday morning (an hour or two before it was due) my brain came up with the poem published below.

I had the two classes Monday, poetry and right after poetry, the Lolita seminar. Then Tuesday I had four events. Four times of meeting and talking to people. I was exhausted by the end of the day.


 

 

 

 

SOMEDAY I’LL LOVE KAKE HUCK

 

 

she says. Because I pay her. Because she likes me.

Because her couch has the usual number of cushions

and it’s what the ketamine was for. The breathing

among trees. The money and massages. The church

working and the sex worker. Decades of weed

and hours of influencers. And the broken glass.

And the knife. And the flights. And it gets better,

it gets better over time.

 

Standing near the Thames

a screen away from Oregon

I am watching the detectives

discover you are dead again

today.

 

And today.

 

And today.

 

 

 

 

© Kake Huck 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment