Search This Blog

Friday 3 May 2024

Miracle

I've been working on the downstairs, picking stuff up, moving stuff around, trying to decide what to throw away and what to keep.  I opened up a box into which I'd put some stuff and suddenly saw THIS SWEATER! This sweater that I'd "put away carefully so I don't lose it".

This sweater, from ZCMI in Salt Lake City, is very important to me. And I thought I had lost it.  I thought I'd accidentally lost it in one of the bags of Will's clothing I gave away just before and just after he died. I thought it was gone, gone, gone.  But I found it on Wednesday!  A miracle. I held it to my chest and started crying. Throughout the day I kept going into the bedroom where I left it and touching it, holding it.

Why is this purple and gray sweater so important? Even though Will bought it for himself when he visited Salt Lake City back in the mid 80s, I wore it for a full winter quarter while I was going to school there.  And we often shared the wearing of it here in Bend.  It was the one piece of clothing of his I wanted to save and then I thought I'd lost it and have grieved for it.

And now it's back! It has a hole in one elbow that I will felt-repair. And I've shrunk since I wore it regularly.  But it's going now into my sweater drawer after I repair it and I will wear it sometimes and remember him.

I thank God every day for the miracles They've shared with me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment