Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 August 2024

Weather and Memory

 Dear Will --

Will and Birdy at the beach, 2016
You would have brought the tomatoes in off the deck last night. And you would have been right, because it was literally freezing outside when Winston and I woke up this morning. At least Alexa told us that it was.

My recent trip to the beach reminded me of those times I got us rooms in places that turned out to be shitty -- the sweet but loud hotels in San Francisco and New York and that crazy New York room where the Sikh hotelier talked our ears off. My travel leadership wasn't always as smart as it could have been. And I have to tell you that Winston agrees with you about wet cold being rougher than dry cold. He did not like going outside to do his business on the coast.

So now I'm starting to make the house puppy friendly again. The kitchen will once again be blocked off. I need to finish cleaning up the downstairs, getting stuff off the floors and stored someplace. I managed to finally throw out all the old, saved wrapping paper this week. I also need to get rid of a bunch of paint cans and other dangerous stuff. I might even clean out the garage, we'll see.

I don't think you would have liked the opera in Santa Fe. You weren't that big a fan of new stuff. So there are benefits to being on my own. But it's always so hard to come home when you aren't visibly present. I've been high and done little worthwhile for four days. I read in church. I met with the Tuesday group twice this week, once live for a lunch and once online to discuss the sermon.  It was good to meet Larry live for the first time as he traveled to the PNW from the IMW.

I don't actually remember the 2016 trip to the beach from which this picture comes. There is so much I don't remember because of my a. b. normal brain.

I'm looking forward to having a big dog again, so I have someone to hug every day.

Our anniversary was yesterday.  Remember how it took us such a long time to even celebrate it - I don't think it was until we got back together in 1990 that we started to do so. And then when did we make it a custom to go to The Original Pancake House? Well, it wouldn't have been until after they opened it in 1997! I remember how you loved the Dutch babies.

I probably terrified that guy at the Oregon Film Museum, I was missing you so hard that day.

Love you now and always

Kake




No comments:

Post a Comment